There is a wide variety of beer glassware and they each have their own unique characteristics.
Most Popular Beer Glasses :
American Pint :
- Holds 16 ounces. (48 cl)
- Used for serving a wide range of beer styles.
English Pint :
- Holds 20 ounces. (60 cl)
- Used for serving English Ales and Lagers.
- Also known as Imperial or Nonic glass.
- Can be used as a mixing glass.
- Can be used as a piece in a Boston Shaker set.
- Holds between 12 and 14 ounces. (36 – 42 cl)
- Used for serving lighter beers, such as Pilsners.
Beer Mug (Right)
- Common in England, Germany and the United States.
- Holds between 10 and 34 ounces. (30 – 102 cl)
- Used for serving all types of beer.